Come join the 1st annual C-U Food Cruise on May 20th starting at 2pm. Proceeds will go towards Champaign County Bikes’ (CCB) mission for bicycle advocacy and bicycle education in our community.
We will ride in GUIDED GROUPS, to socialize and to visit and sample the offerings of locally owned Champaign-Urbana eateries.
Participants can choose to participate in a group traversing any of several “tours” (still being finalized):
- Family friendly tour, 12-13.5 miles with 3 eatery stops
- Family friendly beginner/intermediate tour, 15.5 miles with 5 stops
- Intermediate/advanced tour, 16-18 miles with 5 or 6 stops
- Experienced rider tour, ~25 miles with 8 or 9 stops
The various “tours” will last three and a half to five hours. Sunset will be at 8:07pm, so those on the longer rides should have bicycle lights.
All groups will
- Start forming at 2pm at Champaign’s Hessel Park (come to the park and look for our banners)
- Start out at 2:30pm, and
- Finish at Jarling’s Custard (1/2 block east of the SE corner of park).
Free parking is available on the east, north and west sides of Hessel Park.
Entry fee is $15/person for those 12 and over. (Each adult can register and accompany one child under 12 free of charge.)
Sample size portions at each food stop will cost $2 or so.
Helmets are required; water bottles recommended; and lights required after dark.
Total number of riders (adults plus children) will be limited to 150.
ALL RIDERS MUST REGISTER BY MIDNIGHT THURSDAY MAY 18. No day-of-the-ride registrations.
Here are the featured eateries and sponsors. The Sidney Dairy Barn and Piato to Go will be serving at Riggs Beer Company.